My security deposit is protected, what do I do now?

Looking for help on this subject?

We are a not for profit free advice service for tenants.

    Call free on 020 3476 6648 to speak to trained advisors.

    Fill in the form below.

Free Advice Form

Your personal information will not be given to any third parties (Privacy Policy). If you request free advice and provide contact details you are actively consenting to us contacting you in order to provide free advice.

If your security deposit or bond was correctly protected by your letting agent or landlord, then you have the right to request ADR – Alternative Dispute Resolution to resolve a dispute between yourself and your agent or landlord.

Justice For Tenants help with ADR – Alternative Dispute Resolution

Have a look at our tenants guide to maximising the amount of your tenancy deposit that you can claim back through ADR. Justice For Tenants also offers a service where we use our experience and ADR training to submit the evidence on your behalf to help you get as much of your security deposit or bond back as possible.

What if my landlord or letting agent does not agree to use ADR?

Your landlord or agent has the right to refuse to use ADR, in which case you may need to go through court to get your security deposit or bond back.

Related Pages